Main Article Content
Abstract: Education is an integral part of development. Learning can also be interpreted as the result of an experience in the form of interaction with learning resources such as environment, books, or people. Learning outcomes are not a mastery of training results, but the creation of aspects of knowledge, skills, and attitudes of students. During the learning process, it appears that the teacher is less maximal in implementing the 2013 curriculum with innovative creative learning models and the teacher does not integrate various lesson content into predetermined themes. This has an impact on student learning outcomes when learning has been carried out face to face. The research conducted aims to improve student learning outcomes when using the Problem Based Learning model on thematic learning for grades IV Elementary School. This research is a classroom action research with two cycles. The population in this study was 21 and the samples used were saturated samples. The instruments in this study were observations and tests of student learning outcomes. Data collection techniques in this research for observations were taken by supervisors, they are elementary school teachers and learning outcomes tests for students in thematic learning. The data analysis technique in this research is descriptive analysis and N-gain test. The results showed that there was an increase in average learning outcomes and the proportion of mastery. In the N-gain test, the increase was in medium category. This is because the use of PBL in thematic learning raises daily life material so that it is easier for students to carry out the projects they are working on to improve their learning outcomes.
Keywords: Problem Based Learning, Video Media, Learning Outcomes
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Copyright on any article is retained by the author (s)
2. The author grants the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
4. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
5. The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
- Abdulmajid, N. W., Pramuntadi, A., Riyanto, A. B., & Rochmah, E. (2017). Penerapan E-Learning Sebagai Pendukung Adaptive Learning dan Peningkatan Kompetensi Siswa SMK di Kabupaten Bantul. Taman Vokasi, 5(2), 170-182.
- Anggareni, N. W., Ristiati, N. P., & Widiyanti, N. L. P. M. (2013). Implementasi strategi pembelajaran inkuiri terhadap kemampuan berpikir kritis dan pemahaman konsep IPA siswa SMP. Jurnal Pendidikan dan Pembelajaran IPA Indonesia, 3(1).
- Bahriah, E. S., Suryaningsih, S., & Yuniati, D. (2017). Pembelajaran berbasis proyek pada konsep koloid untuk pengembangan keterampilan proses sains siswa. Jurnal Tadris Kimia, 2(2), 145-152.
- Fadillah, M. 2014. Implementasi Kurikulum 2013 Dalam Pembelajaran SD/MI,
- SD/MTS, dan SMA/MA. Yogyakarta : Ar-Ruzz.
- García-Alberti, M., Suárez, F., Chiyón, I., & Mosquera Feijoo, J. C. (2021). Challenges and Experiences of Online Evaluation in Courses of Civil Engineering during the Lockdown Learning Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Education Sciences, 11(2), 59.
- Handayanto, A., Supandi, S., & Ariyanto, L. 2018. “Teaching using moodle in mathematics education”. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1013(1): 012128.
- Kosasih, E., dan Kurniawan, E. (2019). 22 Jenis teks & strategi pembelajarannya
- di SMA-MA/SMK. Bandung: Penerbit Yrama Widya.
- Kurniawan, O. 2017. Penerapan Kurikulum 2013 dalam Meningkatkan Keterampilan, Sikap, dan Pengetahuan. FKIP Universitas Riau.
- Licorish, S. A., Owen, H. E., Daniel, B., & George, J. L. (2018). Students’ perception of Kahoot!’s influence on teaching and learning. Research and Practice in Technology Enhanced Learning, 13(1), 1-23.
- Mulyanto, B. S., Sadono, T., & Koeswanti, H. D. (2020). Evaluation of Critical Thinking Ability with Discovery Lerning Using Blended Learning Approach in Primary School. Journal of Research and Educational Research Evaluation, 9(2), 78-84.
- Ngafifi, M. (2014). Kemajuan teknologi dan pola hidup manusia dalam perspektif sosial budaya. Jurnal Pembangunan Pendidikan: Fondasi dan Aplikasi, 2(1).
- Pratiwi, I., Soedjoko, E., & Mulyono, M. 2014. “Efektivitas Pembelajaran Conceptual Understanding Procedures Untuk Meningkatkan Kemampuan Siswa Pada Aspek Koneksi Matematika”. Kreano, Jurnal Matematika Kreatif-Inovatif, 5(1): 41-47.
- Putra, C. A. (2017). Pemanfaatan Teknologi Gadget Sebagai Media Pembelajaran. Bitnet: Jurnal Pendidikan Teknologi Informasi, 2(2), 1-10.
- Sari, K. A., Prasetyo, Z. K., & Wibowo, W. S. (2017). Development of science student worksheet based on project based learning model to improve collaboration and communication skills of junior high school student. Journal of Science Education Research, 1(1).
- Sumarni, W., Wijayati, N., & Supanti, S. (2019). Analisis Kemampuan Kognitif Dan Berpikir Kreatif Siswa Melalui Pembelajaran Berbasis Proyek Berpendekatan Stem. J-Pek (Jurnal Pembelajaran Kimia), 4(1), 18-30.
- Ulinnuha, R., & Rochmad, R. (2019). Creative Thinking Ability With Open-Ended Problems Based on Self-Efficacy in Gnomio Blended Learning. Unnes Journal of Mathematics Education Research.
- Vaughan & Jim. 2016. “Definitions for E-Learning”. Open & Distance Learning Quality Council.
- Wellyanti, W. (2020). Optimalisasi Metode Eksperimen Dalam Peningkatan Prestasi Siswa Belajar Ipa Tentang Pengaruh Matahari Dalam Kehidupan Sehari-Hari:(Optimization of Experimental Methods in Improving Student Achievement in Science Learning about the Effects of the Sun on Daily Life). Uniqbu Journal of Exact Sciences, 1(3), 23-31.
- Yang, Y. T. C. (2012). Building virtual cities, inspiring intelligent citizens: Digital games for developing students’ problem solving and learning motivation. Computers & Education, 59(2), 365-377.
- Zhou, C. (2012). Integrating creativity training into problem and project-based learning curriculum in engineering education. European Journal of Engineering Education, 37(5), 488-499.
- Zyainuri, Z., & Marpanaji, E. (2012). Penerapan e-learning moodle untuk pembelajran siswa yang melaksanakan prakerin. Jurnal Pendidikan Vokasi, 2(3).