Main Article Content
The purpose of this study is to test the effectiveness of the application of rational emotive behaviour counseling group to help students cope with distress. The subjects of this study were eight students from class of XI APk 1 at SMK Negeri 4 Surabaya as the experimental group and seven students in class of XI APk 2 as the control group which were identified as having high level of distress. Distress questionnaire was used as the data collecting methods. This research used quasi eksperimental approach along with the design of nonequivalent control group design, which is using the comparison group or control group. The analysis tried to compare the results obtained on the data collecting before (pre-test) and after (post-test) the method given between the control and experimental group. Non-parametric statistic along with the Wilcoxon Rank Sum test was used as the data analysis technique. From the analysis obtained showed that the hyphothesis which stated “the level of distress among the group of students who helped with the rational emotive behaviour counseling group declined significantly than the other group of students who assisted with conventional methods” are acceptable. So it can be concluded that the rational emotive behaviour counseling group is effective to be applied as the counseling intervention strategies for helping students cope with distress.
Key words: Counseling group, rational emotive behaviour, Distress
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- The author grants the journal, the right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License