Main Article Content
Career understanding is interpreted as an individual effort to understand themselves both attitudes, abilities, and interests. The importance of understanding career and workplace information is a separate task for individuals. In elementary schools (ES), career understanding is a problem that is often experienced by students. This occurs when students feel unsure about what career path to choose in the future and how to formulate strategies so that their abilities and goals can be realized. Students also have not been able to determine the abilities, talents and interests that have caused confusion and certainly need guidance. The researcher considers it is necessary to implement information services using guidance boards as an effort to help students improve their career understanding. This research’s method of research is Quasi-Experimental Design which uses the equivalent time-series design. On the basis of the results of the study, it can be concluded that information services using a guidance board can affect the career understanding of elementary school students. Group analysis is done by tabulating and illustrating the pretest and posttest score charts. Visually, the results of the study indicate there is an increase in career understanding which includes self-understanding and knowledge of the workforce. Implications for further research that can be obtained is the theoretical findings in this study can be used as information in the field of guidance regarding career understanding in elementary school students, this is seen from the increasing test results.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- The author grants the journal, the right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Depdiknas.2007.Rambu-Rambu Penyelenggaraan Bimbingan dan Konseling dalam Jalur Pendidikan Formal.Jakarta.
Fitrianti, Abd. Munir, & Munifah. 2017. Pengaruh layanan informasi Kebersihan Kelas Disertai Papan Bimbingan Terhadap Perilaku Menjaga Kebersihan Kelas Siswa SMP Negeri 13 Palu. Jurnal Konseling & Psikoedukasi, Vol. 2 No.2, Hal. 1-14.
Frandikga, Agnes Sella Inu & Hartini, Sri. 2018. Pengaruh Layanan Informasi Dengan Media Papan Bimbingan Terhadap Sikap Kemandirian Siswa Kelas XI IPS 3 SMA Negeri 6 Surakarta Tahun Pelajaran 2017/2018. Medikons, Vol 4, No 2, Hal. 1- 9.
Gibson, Robert L dan Marianne H. Mitchell. 2011. Bimbingan dan konseling. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
Gladding. 2012. Konseling: Profesi yang Menyeluruh (Edisi Keenam). Jakarta: Indeks.
Holland J. 1985. Making Vocational Choices A Theory Of Vocational Personalities & Work Environments. Prentice-Hall: New Jersey.
Wijaya, Aditya Dani. 2017. Tingkat Pemahaman Karier Siswa SD Kelas Rendah Di Kecamatan Banguntapan, The Level Of Understanding Career Of Low Grades Elementary School. E-Journal Bimbingan dan Konseling UNY, Vol. 6, No. 3, Hal. 239-251.