Main Article Content
Motivation to learn is something to stimulate students in carrying out learning activities to get a goal, namely achievement in learning. In learning activities, there will be active interactions that lead to the physical and mental development of students. So the authors conducted research on "Group Counseling To Increase Learning Motivation With SFBC (Miracle Question Technique) Approach To Students Class XI IPA 2 SMA Hang Tuah 1 Surabaya". The aim was to see if the SFBC approach to magic questioning techniques had an effect on increasing learning motivation. Retrieval of research subjects was carried out using data methods in the form of measuring learning motivation, data from interviews with subject teachers about the conditions of students' activeness during learning activities, activeness in carrying out assignments, and the accuracy of task orders. Based on the descriptive analysis, the proportion of large motivation to learn in class XI IPA 2 is 5.56% has very high learning motivation, 30.56% has high learning motivation, 47.22% has moderate learning motivation, and 16.67% has low motivation to learn. The author tries to help increase motivation to learn with the magic question technique because the essence of every human being is able to build solutions to improve his life. The author seeks to help students to find solutions with barriers, strengths, and weaknesses themselves. Because the learning motivation factor is the dominant factor, it is sought for further research to analyze the factors that influence learning motivation, for example learning environments, learning resources and learning media.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- The author grants the journal, the right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Bertolino, Bob A., & O’ Hanlon, Bill. 2002. Collaborative, Competency-Based Counseling and Therapy. Boston: Allyn and Bacon
Corey, G. 2016. Theory and Practice of Counseling and Psychotherapy (9thed). Belmont: Brooks/Cole
Daki, J. 2008. Solution Focused Brief Therapy: Addresing Academic, Motivational, Social and Emotional Difficulties of Older Children with Reading Deficits McGill University, Montreal.
Daki, J., & Savage, R. S. 2010. Solution Focused Brief Therapy: Impacts on Academic and Emotional Difficulties. The Journal of Educational Research, 103, 309-326. https://doi.org/10.1080/00220670903383127
Djamarah, Syaiful Bahri. 2011. Psikologi Belajar. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta
Hopkins, David. 2011. Panduan Guru Desain Penelitian Tindakan Kelas. Yogjakarta: Pustaka Belajar
Mckergow, M., & Korman, H. 2009. Inbetween-Neither Inside Nor Outside: The Radical Simplicity of Solution-Focused Brief Therapy. Journal of Systematic Therapies, 28 (2), 34-49
Mulawarman. 2014. Brief Counseling in Schools: A Solution-Focused Brief Counseling (SFBC) Approach for School Counselor in Indonesia. Journal of Education and Practice, 5(21): 68-72
Omrood, Jeanne Ellis. 2010. Psikologi Pendidikan Membantu Siswa Tumbuh dan Berkembang. Jakarta: Erlangga
Prayitno. 2013. Seri Panduan Layanan dan Kegiatan Pendukung Konseling. Padang: BK FIP UNP
Prayitno dan Erman Anti, 2004. Dasar-dasar Bimbingan dan Konseling: Rineka Cipta, Jakarta
Prochaska. J. O., & Norcross, J. C. 2007. System of psychotherapy: A transtheoretical analysis (6th ed). Belmont, CA: Wardsworth.
Rahmadian, A.A. 2011. Kreativitas dalam Konseling. Makalah Disajikan Pada Seminar Internasional Impact Counseling. Bandung: Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia (UPI)
Supriatna, Mamat. 2018. Bimbingan dan Konseling Berbasis Kompetensi. Jakarta: Raja Grafindo Persada