Implementation of Web Content Filtering on RT/RW Net Networks Using Pi-Hole DNS Server
RT/RW Net network infrastructure in its use, so that it is more optimal it is necessary to apply network security, namely by implementing a Pi-Hole DNS Server to filter negative websites and unwanted advertisements. This is in accordance with the program launched by the Government (Kemkominfo), namely healthy and safe internet use. The research method used is the stages of problem identification, literature study, implementation, testing and analysis of results or drawing conclusions. So as to produce research that the application of the Pi-Hole DNS Server to the RT/RW Net network topology has been successfully carried out, it is proven to be able to filter or filter websites that contain negative sites and can block unwanted advertisements, as well as network quality after implementing the Pi-Hole DNS Server is categorized as good in the QoS testing method.
 Wearesocial.com, “Digital 2022 Indonesia February 2022,” 2022. https://datareportal.com/reports/digital-2022-indonesia (accessed Nov. 13, 2022).
 W. Setiawan, “Era Digital dan Tantangannya,” in Seminar Nasional Pendidikan, 2017, pp. 1–9.
 Admin, “Internet Sehat dan Aman (INSAN),” Web Kemkominfo, 2013. https://www.kominfo.go.id/content/detail/3303/internet-sehat-dan-aman-insan/0/internet_sehat (accessed Nov. 16, 2022).
 Y. Sopyan, “Membahas Cara Kerja Pi-Hole,” Labkom.co.id, 2020. https://labkom.co.id/mikrotik/membahas-cara-kerja-pi-hole (accessed Nov. 14, 2022).
 W. Mukti and R. Widyarini, “Web Content Filtering,” 2013. https://keamanan-informasi.stei.itb.ac.id/2013/10/30/web-content-filtering/ (accessed Nov. 17, 2022).
 O. Abdurahman, T. U. Kalsum, and Riska, “Penerapan Pi-Hole DNS Server Sebagai Ads-Blocker dan Sistem Filtering Website Pada Jaringan Hotspot,” J. Media Infotama, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 208–217, 2022.
 I. S. Ali, S. Hamza, and E. Gunawan, “Implementasi & Analisis Penerapan Pi-Hole Network Ad-Blocking Di Laboratorium Jaringan Teknik Informatika UMMU,” J-TIFA, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 27–31, 2020.
 E. Putra and R. A. Bugis, “Implementasi Hotspot dengan User Manager untuk Internet Wireless menggunakan Mikrotik RB-951ui di SMK Swasta Al-Washliyah Pasar Senen 2 Medan,” J. Teknol. Inf., vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 58–65, 2019, doi: 10.36294/jurti.v3i1.689.
 S. Iwan, Jaringan Komputer Berbasis MikroTik. Bandung: Informatika, 2017.
 R. Wulandari, “Analisis QoS (Quality Of Service) Pada Jaringan Internet (Studi Kasus : UPT Loka Uji Teknik Penambangan Jampang Kulon–LIPI),” J. Tek. Inform. dan Sist. Inf., vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 162–172, 2016, doi: 10.28932/jutisi.v2i2.454.
 T. Pratama, M. A. Irwansyah, and Yulianti, “Perbandingan Metode PCQ, SFQ, RED dan FIFO Pada Mikrotik Sebagai Upaya Optimalisasi Layanan Jaringan Pada Fakultas Teknik Universitas Tanjungpura,” J. Tek. Inform. Univ. Tanjungpura, vol. 3, no. 1, 2015.
 M. Huda and Jusak, “Analisis Karakteristik Lalu Lintas Data Internet: Aplikasi Web Social Network,” J. Control Netw. Syst., vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 102–112, 2015.
Copyright (c) 2023 Miftahur Rahman
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
2. The author grants the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
4. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
5. The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License