THE STRUGGLE OF ROCKY TO SURVIVE IN DON'T BREATHE MOVIE DIRECTED BY FEDE ALVAREZ
The purpose of this study was to determine the struggle of the main character namely Rocky in Don't Breathe Movie. The writer uses the descriptive qualitative method in analyzing the struggles of the main characters in Don't Breathe Movie written by Fede Álvarez to make paper arrangements correctly. The procedures that the writer takes to get the best results are observing and understanding the movie, collecting data consisting of struggles, choosing theories to analyze data, analyzing data using theories, making conclusions from the analysis, and finally compiling the final project. The results of this study are the writer finds three types of struggle namely; struggle for life, struggle for love and, internal struggle. The struggle of life when the main character in the movie survives with full force in any situation, the struggle of love when the character in the movie has a feeling of love with other characters, the internal struggle when the character in the movie has desires and problems in her life. This movie teaches humans about how important the struggle in life and make a better change, never give up and despair. The main character shows people that a struggle can be motivated by certain aspects.
Keyword: Struggle, Main Character, Struggle of Life, Struggle of Love, Internal Struggle.
Cynthia A. Barnhart. (2008). Student’s Dictionary of English. New York: The Facts On File.
Edder Jens. Fotis Jannidis. Ralf Scneider. (2010). Character in Fictional Worlds: Understanding Imaginary Beings in Literature, Films, and Other Media. Berlin: Walter de Gruyter GmbH & Co.KG.
Grant Horner. (2010). Meaning at the Movies: Becoming a Discerning Viewer. USA: Crossway.
Hofner Stein. (2004). The Power of Struggle Character. New York: Xulon Press.
Hudson, W. H. (1958). An Introduction to The Study of Literature (George G. Harrap & Company, Ed.). London.
Joan Chittister. (2005). Scarred by Struggle, Transformed by Hope. UK: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.
K.M. Johnson. (2009). Knowing the Struggle is Over! USA: Xlibris Corporation.
Kelley Griffith. (2010). Writing Essays About Literature (8th ed.). USA: Wadsworth.
Roback Abraham Aaron. (2010). The Psychology of Character. London: Routledge.ge.
Sam Robert. (2001). The Struggle Definition. London Callin’s Publisher.
Stephen Harrison. (2012). Appreciate The Fog: Embrace Change With Power and Purpose. Bloomington: Xlibris Corporation.
Tabish Khair & Sebastien Doubinsky. (2011). Reading literature today. India: SAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
2. The author grants the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
4. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
5. The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License