Writing is the difficult skill in learning English. To make students get the idea in writing easily the teacher should be creative and innovative. The Application of visual media can help students get idea easily. This research aimed at knowing the applic
It is believed that speaking is difficult subject because it is not only learn about pronouncing the words. The writer uses quantitative approach in this research because to know the effect of problem based learning to the students’ speaking ability at the eleventh grade students of XII science class of SMAN 4 Kediri that consists of 25 students. The spoken tests, in the form of pre and post test were used to collect the data. The holistical rating on speaking rubric form was used to score the students’ speaking ability before and after the treatments of teaching speaking using problem based learning (PBL)The research result severals that students’ skill in speaking is still considered low. The pre-test result indicated that, the totaly score of pre-test is 1306,75 and the mean of pre-test is 52,27. The highest score is 66, 67 and the lowest score of pre-test is 25. It can be concluded that mostly the students had a difficulty in speaking English. Their score is unsatisfying because the English standard score of the school is 70. By being given series of trestments with PBL students’ speaking skill improved. The totaly of post-test is 1544,75 and the mean of post-test is 61,79. The post-test result showed that the highest score is 75. Unfortunately, the lowest score of pre-test is 30. It can be concluded that there is an increasing score of students’ speaking ability after post-test is conducted. It is clear to be seen from the changing of students’ score. There are many students get better score than before The result of this research shows that t-score is 12, 67 at the degree of freedom 24 which was higher than the value of t-table was 1,711 at the level of significance 5% and value of t-table is 2,492 at the level of significance 1%. It means that t-score was very significant.Suggestion are purposed for English teacher who should give their students stimuli, to analyze the problem and try to find solution to the problem as well. Then, for the other researcher, the researcher hopes that other researchers could improve the content of this study by adding more explanation, example, and references.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
2. The author grants the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
4. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
5. The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License