Main Article Content
Social intelligence is currently seen as a determining factor for a child's success in education. The purpose of this study is to describe the social intelligence of children and methods for developing children's social intelligence. This type of research is qualitative descriptive which is directly carried out on the object under study in order to produce the necessary data and to answer the problem formulation, namely: how is the supervisor's understanding of social intelligence in children and the guidance method in directing children to develop social intelligence in Kindergarten Pembina I Putussibau. Data collection was carried out by interviewing, observing, and documenting the research data sources which included: supervising teachers at Kindergarten Pembina I Putussibau, students, brochures, and curriculum. The qualitative descriptive method was used as data analysis by means of the available data being processed during the next research to be systematically interpreted into reports. It is known that the research results are as follows: 1) The supervisor's understanding of social intelligence in children is that social intelligence is the ability shown by children when interacting with other people or the social environment. 2) The method used by the supervisor in practically developing children's social intelligence is with individual and group guidance, while theoretically, the approach used by the supervisor is the cognitive and social learning approach from Albert Bandura.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- The author grants the journal, the right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Ahmad Tafsir. 2004. Ilmu Pendidikan Dalam Perspektif Islam. Bandung: PT. Remaja Rosdakarya.
Alo Liliweri. 1991. Komunikasi Antar Pribadi. Bandung: PT. Citra Aditya Bakti.
Arifin. 1982. Pedoman Pelaksanaan Bimbingan dan Penyuluhan Agama. Jakarta: Golden Terayon.
Aunur Rahim Faqih. 2001. Bimbingan dan Konseling dalam Islam. Yogyakarta: UII Press.
Ayke S. Tedjasaputra. 2001. Bermain, Mainan dan Permainan. Jakarta: PT Grasindo.
Bandura, Albert. 1977. Social Learning Theory. Prentice-Hall, Inc., New Jersey.
Damayanti, Ria, dkk. 2013. Studi Kasus Dampak Psikologis Bullying Pada Siswa Tunarungu Di Smk Negeri 30 Jakarta. Insight Jurnal Bimbingan dan Konseling Fakultas Ilmu Pendidikan Universitas Negeri Jakarta. Vol. 2 No. 2: 89.
Desmita. 2006. Psikologi perkembangan. Bandung: PT Remaja Rosdakarya.
Dewa Ketut Sukardi. 2000. Pengantar Pelaksanaan Program Bimbingan dan Konseling di Sekolah. Jakarta: PT Reneka Cipta.
Edy Gustian. 2001. Mempersipakan Anak memasuki Usia Sekolah. Jakarta: Puspawara.
Elizabeth B. Hurlock. 1992. Perkembangan Anak Jilid I. Jakarta: Erlangga.
Hadi Suyono. 2007. Social Intelligence: Cerdas Meraih Sukses bersama Orang lain dan Lingkungan. Yogyakarrta: Ar-Ruzz media.
Hibana S. Rahman. 2003. Bimbingan dan Konseling Pola 17. Yogyakarta: UCY Press.
L.Tubbs, Stewart & Moss, Sylvia. 2008. Human Communication : Prinsip-prinsip Dasar. Bandung: PT. Remaja Rosdakarya.
Lexy J. Meleong. 2007. Metode Penelitian Kualitatif. Bandung: PT Remaja Rosdakarya.
Mansur. 2009. Pendidikan Anak Usia Dini dalam Islam. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
Masri Singarimbun dan Sofyan Effendi. 1984. Metodologi Survei. Jakarta: LP3ES.
Safaria, T. 2005 . Interpersonal Intelligence. Yogyakarta: Amara Books.