Teaching Writing of Descriptive Text by Using Scaffolding Technique
Writing is one of productive skill in learning English. Students must produce their own written texts. In teaching writing, the teacher needs a technique or media to support their teaching. One of the techniques that the teacher can be used is scaffolding. The purpose of this study are to know the students’ response and students’ problem in teaching writing of descriptive text by using scaffolding, the advantages and disadvantages of scaffolding technique. The approach of this research is qualitative and the design is descriptive qualitative. To get the data, the writer did observation, gave questionnaire to the students to know how the students’ response, interview to the English teacher, and took some pictures for documentation
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
2. The author grants the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
4. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
5. The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License