Students Participation and Attendance in Following Lectures During Normal and Pandemic
This study discusses how the participation and attendance of students following lectures during the normal period and during the Covid 19 pandemic era, even semester of the 2019-2020 academic year. Participants involved were as many as 129 regular class of 2017 students from the English language education study program, the language education faculty of IKIP Siliwangi Bandung. This study used a qualitative research approach, the method of preparing and presenting the research results was made descriptively. The data collection technique was done by observing, interviewing, studying documentation, and searching online. The main instrument is the researcher himself. The results showed that students’ participation and students’ attendance in attending lectures during normal times and during the Covid 19 pandemic era showed a contradiction in circumstances.
Keywords: Student participation and attendance, lectures, normal and pandemic covid-19 era.
Creswell, John W. (2017). Research Design: Pendekatan Metode Kualitatif, Kuantitatif, dan Campuran. Yogyakarta : Penerbit Pustaka Pelajar. p. 273.
Djiwandono, Sri Esti Wuryani (2006). Psikologi Pendidikan – Edisi Revisi. Cetakan ke 3, Juli 2006.” Jakarta: PT. Gramedia Widiasarana Indonesia. P. 329
Martono, Nanang.,, Mintarti, Puspitasari, Elis. (2008). Upaya Peningkatan Partisipasi Mahasiswa dalam Proses Pembelajaran Mata Kuliah Sosiologi Pendidikan Melalui Metode Peer Teaching dan Brainstorming. Jurnal Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan, No. 075 Tahun ke-14, November 2008. Purwokerto: FISIP Universitas Jenderal Soedirman. (online) available athttps://www.jurnaldikbud.kemendikbud.ac.id
Safrida, Lela Nur., Ambarwati, Reza., Albirri, Ermita Rizki. Ermita Rizki. (2017). Partisipasi Mahasiswa dalam Pembelajaran Kooperatif Berbasis Lesson Study (Undergraduate Students Participation in Cooperative Learning Based on Lesson Study). JURNAL EDUKASI 2017, IV(3) Jember : Program Studi Pendidikan Matematika, Jurusan Pendidikan MIPA, FKIP, Universitas Jember. [Online] available at https://www.jurnal.unej.ac.id
Sudiyono, (2012). Pengaruh Motivasi Kerja, Kompetensi Guru, dan Kompensasi Terhadap Kinerja Guru Non PNS pada Madrasah Tsanawiyah di Lingkungan Departemen Agama Kantor Kota Cimahi. Master of Management Unpublished Thesis, IKIP SILIWANGI, Bandung, West Java – Indonesia. Pp. 25-26.
Sugiyono, (2010). Penelitian Pendidikan – Pendekatan Kuantitatif, Kualitatif, dan R & D. Bandung: Penerbit ALFABETA. P. 307.
Sukmadinata, Nana Syaodih (2010). Metode Penelitian Pendidikan. Bandung: Percetakan Rosda. P. 116.
http://www.wantiknas.go.id/id/berita/empat-kelebihan-dan-kekurangan-dalam menerapkan-e-learning). (28/10/2020).
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
2. The author grants the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
4. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
5. The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License