Main Article Content
Counseling is one of the realities group counseling approach that can reduce student discipline violations are marked with a violation in terms of physical and violation of terms of behavior. With the reality of group counseling is expected students will be responsible for himself and become a person who does not ignore from the 3-R (right, Responsibility, reality). The purpose of this study was to obtain accurate information and data on the effectiveness of group counseling to improve discipline reality of class VIII SMP Islam Tanen Rejotangan Odd Semester Academic Year 2016/1017. This study used a technique quasy-experimental design (quasi-experimental) with a quantitative approach with research subjects eighth grade students of SMP Islam Tanen Rejotangan number of 10 students, divided into 2 groups: 5 students of grade control and 5th grade students experiment. The research was conducted in five counseling sessions, using the instrument scale pretest and posttest discipline students' concentration. The results of the final data analysis is done by using a non-parametric statistical tests Wilcoxon signed rank test with the Sig. (2-tailed) 0.043 N 5 and probabilities indicate that the 0.05 level. As well as the probability value 0.043 <0.05, consequently Ha accepted and H0 is rejected, which means there is no difference between the control and experimental classes. Based on the research that has been done suggestions that should be mentioned is should the teacher guidance and counseling can be used as source materials science to improve the quality of guidance and counseling.
Key words: Reality Group Counseling, Discipline of Students.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- The author grants the journal, the right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License