Perancangan Active Database System pada Sistem Informasi Pelayanan Harga Pasar
Information system is a system related to the existence of programming and database. A good information system is dynamic. Dynamic information systems can not be separated with the existence of databases as data storage. In general, the database is used passively so that its function is only for data storage, but the database also can be as a control system information. Some opensource databases already support for system control or that can be called active database system such as MySQL, MariaDB and PosgreSQL. Active database system provides database function to get reactive behavior and control system information at database level. Business processes that are typically performed by programming languages as a rule incorporated in the application can be entered directly into the database. This research is done for the design of an active database system against market price services. This active database system approach is designed to get an applicative and responsive service system to collaborate with the control system on the modem.
T.M. Connolly and C.E. Begg, Database systems: a practical approach to design implementation and management (5th edition), America: Pearson Education, 2010
ACT-NET Consortium, The Active Database Management System Manifesto: A Rulebase of ADBMS Features. ACM SIGMOD Record, v.25, n.3, p.40-49, 1996
T.S. Ernest, Action Research, Sage Publications, Inc: USA, 2014.
Indrajani, Perencanaan Basis Data dalam All in 1, Jakarta : elex Media Komputindo, 2011.
Butleris, R; Kapocius, K, The Business Rules Repository For Information Systems Design .ADBIS. Department of Information Systems, Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania, 2002
Dayal, U, Hanson, E., N, Widom, J, Active Database Systems: Modern Database System: Interoperability, and Beyond. Addison Weley, Reading, Massachusetts, 1994
Elmashri, R., Navathe, B, Fundamentals of Database Systems, Third Edition, Addison Wisley, 2000
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
2. The author grants the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
4. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
5. The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License