CONVERTING E-BOOK INTO AUDIOBOOK TO ENHANCE ENGLISH RECEPTIVE SKILL
Recently, technology is getting common and cheap for people. It can be reached easily around them, even in their grasp. The development of smartphone and various free applications bring great opportunity and easiness in live and learning process as well. Their integration can be a potential media to improve learners’ English competence, especially their receptive skill. There are three free apps needed to change e-book into audiobook in the smartphone, consist of FBReader, FBReader TTS plugin and Ivona. A common writing in the e-book can be change into a voice which one can hear with or without read it. It is a new way to practice and improve listening and reading skill. Here, some potentials, advantages and also pedagogical implications of them are elaborated. It is expected that learners can improve their English skills while having fun.
Keyword: FBreader, FBReader TTS plugin, Ivona, smartphone, receptive skill
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
2. The author grants the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
4. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
5. The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License