The Influence of Using Talking Stick Technique to the Speaking Ability of Eleventh Grade Students at SMAN 1 GondangNganjuk
The aims of this research were to find out there was a significant influence of students’ speaking ability before and after being taught use talking stick technique. The sample of this research was class XI IPS 4 of the second grade at SMAN 1 GondangNganjuk in the academic year 2014/2015. The research applied one group pre-test post-test design. The result of the speaking ability by using talking stick technique type of cooperative learning showed that there was a significant influence on students’ speaking ability. The average of post-test score (73.25) was higher than that of pre-test (50.52), and it has gain 22.73. It means that there is an influence of using talking stick technique to the speaking ability of eleventh grade students at SMAN 1 GondangNganjuk in academic year 2014/2015.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
2. The author grants the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
4. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
5. The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License