Discourse in Mass Media: A Study of Critical Analysis Research Agenda
This article tries to review several main topics in research approaches on texts of mass media from a perspective of discourse analytical. It tries to sum up that multidisciplinary of Critical Discourse Analysis approach to research on discourse of mass media rescue tell hidden socio-political problems and agenda in several areas of language as social practice. The Examples of definite research of CDA on mass media discourse are revised in terms of subjects of seeming popular and interest among practitioners such as language of globalization and neo-capitalism, racist discourse in news reporting and war news reporting.
KEYWORD: Critical Discourse Analysis (CDA), Critical Discourse Studies, Mass Media Discourse, Media Text Analysis, Media Research Agenda.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
2. The author grants the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
4. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
5. The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License