Infringements of professional ethical codes (such as multiple submission, bogus claims of authorship, plagiarism, fraudulent use of data, or the like) is forbidden in Efektor. Occasionally, a retraction will be used to correct errors in submission or publication. The retraction of an article by its authors or the editor under the advice of members of the scholarly community has long been an occasional feature of the learned world. Standards for dealing with retractions have been developed by a number of library and scholarly bodies, and this best practice is adopted for article retraction by Efektor.
The editor will investigate deeply about the infringements of professional ethical codes. The Efektor Editorial Member will notify the Author(s) about the alleged violation along with its proof and offer the options that can be executed by the Author(s). If the Editor is unable to contact the author within the prescribed period, the Editor will discuss with other Editor and Editorial Advisory Board about this problem.
The standard of article retraction in Efektor are:
- A statement (letter) of article retraction, entitled "Retraction: (article title)", signed by the Author(s) and/or Editors and (minimum 1) Editorial Advisory Board.
- The retracted letter will be issued by the Efektor Editorial Member in two languages (Indonesian and English).
- The letter of this article (along with evidence, comments, criticism, or request from the member(s) of the scientific community) is placed on the previous page of the article with the same page number as the first page of the article and given the additional code "ed-1" for the first page of the letter and so on (e.g., 56-ed-1, 56-ed-2, etc.).
- The original version of the article will be given a "Retracted" watermark or stamp and placed after the letter. This new PDF file is made to replace the original PDF file article.
- The abstract of the article on the Efektor's website is replaced with a statement about retracted of the article because violating the ethical code and/or EFEKTOR policy while the keyword of the article is deleted.
- The retracted letter of the article will also be published in Efektor on the edition when the letter issued as part of the Front Matter.
Article Removal: Legal Limitations
In an extremely limited number of cases, it may be necessary to remove an article from the online database. This will only occur where the article is clearly defamatory, or infringes others’ legal rights, or where the article is, or the Editor have good reason to expect it will be, the subject of a court order, or where the article, if acted upon, might pose a serious health risk. In these circumstances, while the metadata (Title and Authors) will be retained, the text will be replaced with a screen indicating the article has been removed for legal reasons.
In cases where the article, if acted upon, might pose a serious health risk, the authors of the original article may wish to retract the flawed original and replace it with a corrected version. In these circumstances the procedures for retraction will be followed with the difference that the database retraction notice will publish a link to the corrected re-published article and a history of the document.